Jay Thomas Chaney
Jay Chaney was born and raised in Oklahoma. He is a product of the Mustang Public School system, where he was Captain of the varsity soccer team from his sophomore through senior years. After graduating from high school he attended Southern Nazarene University on scholarship. Jay continued to develop his leadership skills as the starting goalkeeper and Captain of the soccer team from his sophomore year to his senior year. He was awarded Honorable Mention All-American in 1998. He then left college to play professional soccer in Canada.
Jay later finished his undergraduate studies at the University of Central Oklahoma where he obtained his Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He then began working for the Oklahoma City Police Department where he was a 911 Supervisor. Jay then attended Oklahoma City University School of Law where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree while working part time at 911 and in the Workers' Compensation arena.
In 2011, while in law school, Jay obtained his Licensed Legal Intern status from the Oklahoma Supreme Court and began working in Workers' Compensation. During his 10 years of practice in Workers' Compensation, Jay has worked for both sides of Workers' Compensation law, employers and employees. This experience gives Jay a unique and well-rounded view of how to most effectively and aggressively prosecute your Workers' Compensation claim. In most instances, Jay understands what the insurance carrier and employers' defense strategy is; which allows him to take steps to minimize the effectiveness of their defense.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctorate
- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Major: Business Administration
- Bullard & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2020 to 2021
- Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simons, Associate Attorney, 2017 to 2020
- OBA Workers' Compensation Section, Member
- Northwest Soccer Club, Board Member
- Friends of the Metropolitan Library System, Board Member
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans, Member
Current Employment Position
- Attorney At Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury
- Oklahoma, 2012
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2022